Sunday, November 28, 2010

Anything Goes



I hadn't been home for Thanksgiving in years. The last few years I was working at Radio Shack and since I had to work on Black Friday it wasn't ever possible for me to get to my parents' house to do Thanksgiving. Two years ago my friends who lived in the town I lived in had a big celebration at my boyfriend-of-the-time's house. He cooked the turkey, delicious. Last year I had to work on Thanksgiving day, so the two other coworkers I worked with that day (which also included the same boyfriend-of-the-time who actually wasn't my boyfriend at the time) brought Thanksgiving with us to work and ate there. We didn't have very many customers (because who shops for electronics when they could be eating turkey?) Because there was only three of us I made a chicken. We also had stuffing and mashed potatoes and green beans. It was a fun day at work, even though I would have rather been somewhere else.

So this year I got to go home. I was responsible for making dessert and biscuits. For dessert I made a Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie (which comes from here) and for the biscuits I made Chives and Brie Biscuits from Cooking Light or Sunset magazine, or something (I can't remember at all.) Dinner was delicious and it was nice to be home and get the big Thanksgiving with the family. And my boyfriend came with me and it was his first long weekend at my parents' house. It went well.

On Thanksgiving morning we went to the San Francisco Zoo for the Beast Feast, where they feed some of the animals Thanksgiving meals. The lemurs got an all-out celebration. The 'turkey' in the middle of their table was made with their lemur chow and held together with bananas. They also had native veggies on the table and goblets of pomegranate juice. Surprisingly they ate neater than most people (despite keeping their feet and butts on the table) but they didn't even spill a glass!



No comments:

Post a Comment